- The successful bid covers a three-year supply period. It consolidates ZGR’s position as Iberdrola’s main supplier for this type of equipment.
- ZGR has worked with Iberdrola for the past 22 years, both supplying this type of equipment as well as others. Also developing new products to meet the new requirements of the power grid.
- The new ZGR direct current smart charger rectifiers (Smart MITs) certified by Iberdrola, are essential components electricity in substations to guarantee operation even in the event of a breakdown or system failure, and have been specifically developed to support the transition to smart distribution networks.
- This contract positions ZGR as a benchmark company in innovative smart charger solutions and also makes it more competitive in terms of price and technical functionalities, given the fact that robustness, reliability and maximum productivity were critical aspects with regards to how established technical specifications are scored.
- The business group was already a benchmark in this sector, given the robustness and reliability of its low-voltage TPS rectifier chargers. With this contract is making further steps towards becoming a leading player in the country’s energy transition by incorporating smart distributed energy microgrids.
11 January 2022, Vitoria, Madrid, Valencia.- ZGR, a business group that specialises in developing robust, reliable and highly productive solutions for the comprehensive management of electrical energy, has been approved by Iberdrola to supply 50% of the smart rectifier chargers for medium-voltage electrical infrastructures.
This three-year contract positions ZGR at the forefront of electrical energy transmission and distribution solutions. So this consequently establishes it as a key player in driving energy transition by incorporating smart distributed energy microgrids.
Developing new Smart MITs
New ZGR Smart MITs are essential components electricity substations to guarantee their operation even in the event of a breakdown or system failure.
The ZGR Smart MITs have been developed over recent years in collaboration with Iberdrola‘s knowledge hub, a leading Spanish smart grid developer. The prototypes have been tested together with Iberdrola using various stress tests and technical tests that prove their high performance.
“We have been collaborating with Iberdrola for 22 years,” says Iñigo Segura, CEO of ZGR, “and we share a common culture of innovation which we apply when developing energy solutions to drive energy transition. And we are certain of an increasingly electric future”.
“Having won this tender positions ZGR as a benchmark company in innovative smart charger solutions and also makes it more competitive in terms of price and technical functionalities. Robustness, reliability and maximum productivity were critical aspects with regards to how established technical specifications are scored” says José Antonio Grande, ZGR’s Distribution and Transmission business development manager.
This contract also includes other smaller supply items for other more conventional direct current rectifier charger models.
ZGR, which was already a benchmark in this sector, given the robustness and reliability of its TPS rectifier chargers, is making even more progress with this new development and has become a top-tier benchmark in comprehensive power transmission and distribution solutions.
“ZGR has an extremely effective module-based design capacity, with in-house engineering and manufacturing. We work to the highest quality standards and stand out from the crowd with our customised technical service,” says Íñigo Segura. He goes on to say: “We are constantly exploring new solutions to meet the need to improve power grids and systems efficiency and robustness.”
About Zigor Corporación
ZGR CORPORACIÓN S.A. is a corporate group that specialises in the design, manufacture, implementation and maintenance of robust, reliable and highly productive solutions for comprehensive electrical energy management.
A manufacturer since 1998, this company is an international benchmark in the field of power electronics, particularly in the development of smart and quality grid systems. As well as in hybrid and modular battery-based power storage.
It boasts three areas of specialisation:
- Transmission and Distribution.
- Power (photovoltaic).
As a manufacturer, one of our most distinguishing factors is the technical services and our manufacturing warranties. It has a significant amount of national and international certifications and approvals for its business activities.
Its Head Office is located in Vitoria and it also has offices in Madrid, San Sebastián and Valencia. On an international scale, it has offices in Mexico and Columbia, providing local technical services in these areas. The Company implements projects and markets their products throughout the world.